Purpose of the genHOME?
The purpose of the genHOME project is to promote the health and well-being of older and disabled people and their families by raising the quality and impact of international research in home modification and housing design through:
- The use of agreed terminology and outcome measures
- Information Management of the evidence
- Co-ordinating and planning necessary research
- Dissemination of evidence
- Collaboration between all stakeholders in matters of home modification and housing design
Functions and benefits of the genHOME project:
- To provide a strategic overview of the evidence base in the area of home modification and housing design for older and disabled people and their families.
- To identify research priorities across this field of research.
- To encourage a consistent use of research terminology, methodology, and outcome measures across this field of research in order to build a more coherent and compelling body of evidence.
- To provide a platform for promoting and facilitating interdisciplinary research.
- To promote the efficient use of research resources.
- To provide a platform for generating and disseminating useful resources for all people with an interest in home modification and housing design.
- To inform national and international policy and strategy on home modifications and housing design.