Producing position statements to enable members to lobby and influence effectively
Position Statements are produced by the College to present the College’s viewpoint concerning political, cultural, ethical and social issues, which impact on occupational therapy. They may or may not contain brief recommendations. Position statements keep members informed of the College’s stance and activity on important matters.
Seeking collaborative partners to work on issues of common interest
Position statements are produced by the College and may be endorsed by partners.
We welcome dialogue with government, assemblies and departments on areas of mutual interest
We want to improve the services and lives of the public, service users and their carers. Occupational therapy has a unique contribution to make.
Providing information and guidance to the public on different areas of policy
College position statements are useful to members of the public who want to influence service provision or understand the perspective of the profession.
COT Position Statements
- Occupational Therapy and Implementing the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act (2014)
- Integration (November 2013)
- Occupational therapists’ use of standardised outcome measures (November 2013)
- Reablement: The Added Value of Occupational Therapists (March 2013)
- Occupational Therapy in Social Care in the UK: Future Focus and Potential (2012)
- Occupational Therapy in Social Care in the UK: Future focus and potential - The Directors Edition (2012)
- Legal Services Commission - Amended rates for Occupational Therapists (October 2011)
- Better Support at Lower Cost (June 2011)
- Social Care: Occupational Therapy for Children, Young People and Families (November 2010)
- Joint Statement on the Use of "Occupational" as a Descriptor (April 2010)
- The Value of Occupational Therapy and its Contribution to Adult Social Services Users and their Carers (October 2008)
- Access to occupational therapy for children and young people with Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (2008)
- Education remit for Occupational Therapy