Merit & Fellowship Awards
Recognizing excellence in the occupational therapy community
Fellowship Awards 2014
The award of Fellowship is the highest honour the College can bestow on members of the British Association of Occupational Therapists in recognition of exceptional service and outstanding contribution to the profession.
For 2014, a Fellowship was awarded to:
- Dr Claire Ballinger, Deputy Director NIHR Research Design Service South Central Faculty of Medicine at the University of Southampton.
- Mary Booth, Professional Head of Allied Health Professions at the Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust, Middlesbrough.
- Professor Diane L Cox, Director of Research and Head of the Graduate School, Professor of Occupational Therapy at the University of Cumbria, Lancaster.
Merit Awards 2014
The Merit Awards are for OTs recognised by their peers in the occupational therapy community for excellence in their sphere of work. These awards, introduced in 2008, are open to all BAOT members (students, practitioners, associate members, managers, educators, researchers, new practitioners) with a minimum of two full consecutive membership years.
For 2014, a Merit Award was given to:
- Ruth Crowder, Policy Officer - Wales, College of Occupational Therapists
- Dr Carol Coole, Senior Research Fellow, School of Health Sciences, University of Nottingham
- Aisling Curran, Mental Health and Learning Disability Occupational Therapy Manager, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- Fiona Douglas, Programme Manager, BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy and Programme Manager, Foundation Programme for Health Professions, The University of the West of England (UWE)
- Thérèse Jackson, Consultant Occupational Therapist in Stroke, NHS Grampian
Fellowship and Merit Award 2015
Has one of Your colleagues made an outstanding contribution to the profession of Occupational Therapy in their work? If so, consider nominating them for a COT Fellowship or Merit Award.
Nomination forms for the 2015 awards will be available on this page from June 2014. The deadline for Fellowship Awards will be in September. For the Merit Awards, it will be in November.
For more information, contact Dominique Le Marchand, Senior Administrative Officer, 020 7450 2317 or firstname.lastname@example.org