Our mentorship scheme is a voluntary scheme which links mentors with members seeking a mentor.
There is no charge for this service as mentors are providing their services voluntarily. A mentoring partnership can be mutually rewarding to both parties, personally and professionally.
Mentorship is a career enhancing opportunity to develop communication skills, expand viewpoints and consider new ways of approaching situations.
How the scheme works?
- The scheme is an "introduction service" using email networks.
- Occupational Therapists seeking a mentor fill out a request form which they send to COT.
- The form is emailed to the mentors on the database
- Interested mentors contact the mentee identifying their availability
- The mentee identifies a suitable match and contacts the mentor and provided there is mutual agreement to go ahead the mentorship starts.
Individuals will decide how the mentorship it conducted e.g. by telephone, face to face meetings and agree on the frequency and duration.
Register as a mentor
Complete the mentor form and return to COT.
We will acknowledge your form and send information on mentoring.
Mentoring is an opportunity to share your skills, experience and knowledge with another. It can be very rewarding and a learning opportunity for both parties. It is a great opportunity for CPD. Unlike supervision, it is not linked to appraisal of an individuals or working towards an organisation’s goals, but enabling the mentee to develop. It is about helping the mentee to develop the necessary skills for professional success, rather than providing answers to specific problems.
Register for mentoring
Complete the mentee form and return to COT
We will acknowledge your form and send your details to our mentor network, mentors will contact you with their availability.
We have produced an occasional paper on mentorship available through ILOD and Frequently asked Questions and suggested reading to support you.
For further information contact email@example.com